Today, we made the most delicious tomato sauce for spaghetti. Seriously – it was amazing and simple to make! If you have a fussy eater in your family, you can conceal vegetables in this sauce.
In our house, we eat tomato sauce with everything – I even eat it with… wait for it… salad. So tomato sauce is not just for pasta; you can have it with almost everything. You can even use it as the base of so many other recipes.
I tend to make a big batch, freeze it, and on the days that I can’t be bothered to cook (or the days that I have not planned our lunch or dinner) I dig it out of my freezer, make some pasta and feed the family.
What you’ll need
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 large leeks chopped
2 large carrots chopped
2 small onions chopped
4 fat garlic cloves chopped
400g tin of chopped tomatoes with juice
1 tbsp honey
Salt and pepper to taste
What to do
- Heat the butter and olive oil together over low heat.
- Add the garlic, onions, leeks, garlic and onions. Sweat for five minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and their juices and honey. Turn the heat up to high.
- Bring to boil then turn the heat to low.
- Cook for 45 minues, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with pasta, or refrigerate or freeze until needed.
Yvonne xxxDid you enjoy this post? If so please support us: like, share and comment!