My mother-in-law introduced me to home-made shortbread when she and her late husband visited John and me in the flat we shared then. I think she must have mentioned that her recipe was passed down to her by her John’s grandmother – her mother-in-law. After then, for weeks, I made shortbread but stopped because too much of everything is not good.
Yesterday, as part of a playdate activity, I planned a baking session for my daughters and their friend. However, the baking session did not happen – by the time I was ready, they had lost all interest. They just wanted to play computer games instead so, I was left to bake this delicious shortbread on my own.
The recipe for shortbread is simple and only three items are required.
What you’ll need
225g plain flour
60g caster sugar, plus extra to finish
What to do
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C/ fan 140 degrees C.
- Keeping all ingredients cool.
- Work sugar into butter until smooth.
- line the base of the tin with baking paper.
- Add the flour and knead together.
- Press into a round sandwich tin.
- prick through all over and score the edge to decorate.
- Sprinkle the remaining sugar on top
- Bake in a very slow oven until biscuit coloured.
- Cut into shape when it still hot.
Yvonne xxxDid you enjoy this post? If so please support us: like, share and comment!