We don’t really eat a lot of cereal in our house. When we do, we go for brands buy like Rude Health or even better, we make ours. When we make granola, I find it fun to make with the girls (it is not as messy as baking) and far cheaper. I use whatever seeds, berries, and nuts I like. I also use up all of the seeds, dried fruits, and nuts that we have sitting our my pantry.
What you need.
200g runny honey
100 g sugar –free puffed rice
50g dried cranberries
50g pumpkin seeds
50g goji berries
Pinch of sea salt
4tbsp wheat bran
What to do.
- Preheat oven to 180oC and line a shallow baking tin with baking paper.
- Gently combine the vanilla and honey together using heat. This can be done in your microwave or using a stove.
- Place the oats, puffed rice, almonds, seeds, wheat bran in a mixing bowl. Pour in the honey mixture, combine well and transfer to the lined tray.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes stirring occasionally. It is ready when crisp in texture and golden in colour
- Take out of the oven and set aside to cool. Once it is cool, break big chunks into smaller pieces. Stir in the dried cranberries, raisins and goji berries.
- Store in an airtight container.