When I discovered that I could use stale biscuits or dry white cake to make bread and butter pudding, I shouted hallelujah. This recipe is a way of using up those baked goods that are too yummy to throw away but stale to eat. The recipe in the picture, I used left over rich fruit scones.
What you need.
1 egg yolk
I tbsp sugar
½ pint milk
What to do
- Dissolve the sugar in the milk and simmer till bubbling but not boiling. Keep stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Beat egg yolk in a mixing bowl and add the warm milk to it.
- Butter your cake or biscuits. If you are using cake, cut it up your cake into small pieces.
- Lay them down into a buttered baking dish
- Sprinkle with currants in between.
- Pour the milk mixture and let it soak for half an hour or so.
- Bake in moderate –to-hot hot oven for 30-40 until pudding has risen and set.
Serve with Ice-cream or double cream.
Do you have a left-over recipe you’d like to share here?
Yvonne xxxDid you enjoy this post? If so please support us: like, share and comment!